My blog is full of the ordinary, in effort to bring some reality to the media. I am a great mom who makes mistakes, avoids cleaning, and can’t get-it-all-done, like most people I know. LIKE YOU, I am extraordinarily blessed with a great family, and opportunities to make a positive difference in this world – one day at a time.
– I need a hug today. A real good one. It is hard to be the one listening all the time. I need someone to just listen to me for a while. It was REALLY nice to go to MY mom’s yesterday and just talk.
– Curt has been fed up with the behavior, profanity and pace of instruction at his school lately. Is this a time to teach him to be patient with life’s unfair handouts or is it time to protect him and find him a better situation? At “Bridges,” a extracurricular after school program sponsored by ASU for seventh graders, the teens were taught about goals and taking steps to reach them. The parents were taught active listening skills. Curt’s goal are to be an athlete, mathematician/engineer, go to a tech or highly academic high school, and to be successful while being well-rounded. As I was practicing active listening technics I realized his current school isn’t helping reach his goals. I grew impatient as the burden of mediocrity and filth piled on my mind and heart. I tried not to voice a “quick-fix” but to let him come to his own solution. Ugh. I am afraid I lost it. Now I have to figure out what to do next.
– The excellent listening skills we learned to use on teens help with everyone. Exercising them in real conversations has to be a conscious change, but SO WORTH IT!> CLICK HERE for a quick easy list of listening hints to use with you family members.
– Sally, our beloved dog, passed away on Friday. Do dog’s go to heaven? YES! CLICK HERE for my thoughts on this and more about Sally.
– Yesterday (President’s Day) Duncan, Adam, Curt and I went on a family history tour of The Curtis Ranch, home of my great grandmother Clara Curtis Kimball. The fantastic day was organized by my sister Carol, a family researcher and enthusiast. We all have AMAZING ancestors. LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR FAMILY HERE.
– Missions are hard! Anxiety, disappointment, and homesickness are only the beginning. Pray for these amazing missionaries all around the world. HERE is Clark’s latest.
I share a glimpse into my REAL life each day on this “Today” page. I am going to start making each “Today” it’s own post to encourage comments. Tomorrow I will index this post under Past “Today”s and post a new “Today.” Let’s see how that works. Thank you for your suggestions! Keep them coming.
Explanation of the “Today” page:
My blog is full of the ordinary, in effort to bring some reality to the media. I am a great mom who makes mistakes, avoids cleaning, and can’t get-it-all-done, like most people I know. AND LIKE YOU, I am extraordinarily blessed with a great family, and opportunities to make a positive difference in this world – one day at a time.