The reason I may be interested in pursuing a career as an elementary school teacher is because educators are in high demand. I have the skill set to be of service to my community in this way. I have been a stay-at-home mom for 27 years. I am ready to give back in the way many great teachers have. My current career goals are to help children and families improve their home lives and future potential. I also will give according to my expertise, which is working with children. I would also LOVE to be a general music teacher in the elementary school, but in many schools in my area, there isn’t funding for a separate teacher for music.– Kristin Shaeffer, ECD 505 ([email protected]
A current Job opening in Elementary: Canyons District at Bell View Elementary
Job Type: Full-Time, Pay Rate: Salary Schedules
How to apply: To apply, follow this link: http://bit.ly/CSDElem21 to complete an application and video screening interview on Vidcruiter. The process will take 30-45 minutes.
When you have completed your video screening interview, your name is added to our Elementary candidate pool and your profile is forwarded to the school that has an opening in the grade level you marked interest in. The school may then contact you for a second round interview.
CANYONS SCHOOL DISTRICT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of employment qualifications without regard to race, color, political affiliation, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition or handicap. Inquiries regarding Canyons School District’s hiring practices may be addressed to: Director of Human Resources, Canyons School District, 9361 South 300 East, Sandy, UT 84070.
As an elementary school teacher, you have the opportunity to set the tone for learning for the rest of a student’s life. When students have a good, educational, happy experience during elementary school, they are more prepared to take on the challenges of middle school, high school and college. You are able to teach students to love learning and also how to overcome the challenges and obstacles they face that keep them from reaching their goals. While adhering to the core curriculum required by the state, you are able to find creative, engaging ways to teach students real-life application of difficult concepts like literature, math and science.
Job Responsibilities (Click heading to see where I got the description.)
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school.
- Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class.
- Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at home, and help them find the resources they need.
- Grade papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become habit.
- Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
- Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
- Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school no matter what.
Position to begin immediately and will last until May 27th, 2021.
Preferred Skills: Candidates must have or be graduating with an Elementary teaching license.