I am full of silliness, really. Is there anyone else out there that, upon hearing the music as we waited for the President Elect to descend the stairs for his acceptance speech, wanted to be on stage with him? I did! I would love to be important and famous. There, I said it.
What could I teach the president of the USA?
– Keep the serious face and keep acting presidential, which I think you did quite well during your acceptance speech.
– Smile, but be strong. Treat everyone with respect.
– Make sure to go on regular dates with Melania. She still needs your love and attention, even though you are now SO VERY powerful and busy. Nothing is more important than your family.
– Surround yourself with the best and brightest advisors.
– Keep the laws of the land and defend The Constitution of the United States. (I am going to read this inspired document by the end of the month. Here is a link to it for you, if you would like to join me.)
– How to make a really good peanut butter sandwich. (Crunchy peanut butter must be on both sides of homemade bread with fresh strawberry jam in the middle.) I think this snack would be great for you right before a BIG meeting or in the middle of the night when you can’t sleep because the whole world is on your shoulders. AND Baron would LOVE one (or five), too!
– Don’t forget your promise to lead ALL Americans. Reach across the aisle. Work with people, leaders, and nations in a kind, intelligent way but stand firm for American Morals. You said it well, “We will get along with all other nations, willing to get along with us.”
– Don’t forget your kid’s middle school jog-a-thon orchestra fundraiser, like I just did while I was writing this list.